How can I edit a Shift Leader's privileges?
Shift Leader privileges are edited from within the Shift Leader section of the Web Terminal settings window.
1. Go to the Web Terminal pane in VSP and click on the "Web Terminal settings..." button visible from the Home tab.
2. Click on the Shift Leaders section on the left-hand side of the Web Terminal settings window.
3. If you have not already done so, declare your Shift Leaders.
4. To edit privileges for a specific Shift Leader, click in the Privileges line and check or uncheck privileges from the drop-down list that appears:
What each privilege means:
- Request subs- This setting allows Shift Leaders to submit sub requests on behalf of the volunteers in their jobs from within the Schedule pane of the Admin tab online.
- Edit assignments - This setting allows Shift Leaders to add and remove volunteers from positions shown in the Schedule pane, as well as flag volunteers as no shows or extras for a position.
- Add notes to shifts - This setting allows Shift Leaders to add notes to their shift times for volunteers to see.
- Submit profile changes -This setting allows Shift Leaders to edit volunteer profiles the way administrators do in the desktop VSP software. Shift Leaders will only be able to add/remove jobs and shifts which they are leader over according to the settings box above. All changes come in and are submitted as web forms. Only Shift Leaders with this ability will have access to the Volunteers pane in the Admin tab online.
- Send emails -This setting allows Shift Leaders to send emails to volunteers in their jobs from the Announcements pane of the Admin tab.
- Send text messages -This setting allows Shift Leaders to send text messages to volunteers in their jobs from the Announcements pane.