What is the difference between a Shift Leader and an administrator in VSP?
The biggest difference between a Shift Leader and an Administrator in VSP is their level of access.
- Shift Leaders will not have a downloaded copy of VSP on their computer. Instead, their access to VSP happens entirely through the Admin tab of the Web Terminal.
- Shift Leaders are only able to make changes on the schedule for jobs and shifts over which they are leaders, including requesting subs
- Shift Leaders are only able to email volunteers who are in the jobs/shifts over which they are leaders.
- Shift Leaders can be CCed on related processed Web Forms to keep them informed of changes in the jobs and shifts.
- Shift Leaders are not able to create new schedules, rosters, Live Schedule Posts, teams, or preassignments.
If you have questions over whether a leader should be a Shift Leader or an administrator, you can send an email to email@example.com with a list of the items this leader needs to do and we can hep you decide!