Designate Shift Leaders to stay powerfully connected to volunteers
By setting up key volunteers as Shift Leaders* in VSP, you can grant them access to a special "Admin" tab of the Web Terminal, where they can send personalized emails to volunteers they manage and request subs on their behalf. This feature will make it possible for Shift Leaders to stay powerfully connected to the volunteers they manage without having to download VSP. As the administrator to VSP, you have control over which Shifts or Jobs a leader can contact and what privileges they have online.
- Make sure the person who will be acting as the Shift Leader is entered as a volunteer inside of VSP.
- From the Web Terminal pane, click on the "Web Terminal settings..." button at the top of the screen.
- In the settings window, click on the "Shift Leaders" heading on the left.
- Click the "Declare a leader..." button and select the name of your Shift Leader from the list of your volunteers. Click on the Jobs row and select the jobs they will lead. You can limit the shifts and privileges they have access to by referring to the corresponding Shifts and Privileges rows.
- Click the OK button and the "Commit Changes" button. When the newly designated Shift Leader next logs into the Web Terminal, they will now see an "Admin" tab online.
* This feature is available with the Standard edition of VSP.
NOTE: We have a tutorial for Shift Leaders available here.