Restore schedules from auto backup
In the event you accidentally delete a shift, assignment, or position from your schedule, you may want to revert the Live schedules to backup copies.
Note: If this change happened due to a change made to the Volunteers, Jobs, or Recurring Shifts pane, you will instead need to follow the instructions in this article: Restore from auto backup (undo a mistake to your database)
- Before you start, open any Live schedules. Go to the File menu and select "Save a Backup Copy as...". Save a copy of each live schedule to your computer where you will easily be able to find it (like the desktop).
- For any schedules you do NOT want to be affected, click "Make schedule NOT live" so that no changes will be made.
Now we need to restore your Live schedules.
- Go to the File menu and select "Restore Schedules from Auto-Backup...". NOTE: This will only restore Live schedules.
- Follow the prompts to back up to an "Older Copy".
- Enter in the date and time you first noticed the unwanted changes in your schedule. (If you don't have a time, just enter the date.)
- VSP will show you a message that says the DATE of the schedule you will be replacing. If you approve, click "OK". Otherwise, click "Cancel".
- If you restored, check to make sure the original data is appearing for all Live schedules and that you chose to go back far enough in the restore.
Now that your schedule is restored, you can compare the Web Forms and changes in schedule to fix any data that may need to be updated.
If you have any questions about this process, or are unsure if you should proceed, please send in your data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support...) or call us BEFORE you begin.