How can I preassign a volunteer for just one particular date?
You can preassign a volunteer for one particular date by manually adding the assignment to the schedule skeleton before clicking the "Commence Scheduling..." button.
- Go to the Schedules pane in a VSP installation, enter the start and end dates for your schedule, and then click the "Create..." button.
- Select the day on which you'd like to make the assignment, and then double-click on the position.
- Select a volunteer to fill that position.
You can also go to the Preassignments pane in VSP if the date is for a not-yet-created schedule.
- Click the "New Preassignment..." button in either a VSP installation or in the Admin view of the Web Terminal and create the desired position.
- Leave the settings as "Every week" and "Every month of the year", then enter the desired service date in both the "Starting" and "Ending" date boxes.
- Click "OK".
- When you do generate the schedule that covers that time range, this position will be included.