How can I set up a volunteer so they can serve every other weekend?
Do you want to ensure a chosen volunteer always serves every other weekend, or specify that the volunteer is available every other weekend (without preassigning them)?
If you want the volunteer to always serve every other weekend, use preassignments to set this up.
- In the Preassignments pane of either a VSP installation or in the Admin view of the Web Terminal, click on "New Preassignment...".
- Select the option for "Every other week", starting with a specific date.
If you want to mark the volunteer as available to serve only every other weekend, but not preassign them, use "can't serve" dates to make the volunteer unavailable at any other time.
- In the Volunteers pane of a VSP installation or in the Admin view of the Web Terminal, select the volunteer and then click the "Edit Volunteer..." button.
- Then click the "Add..." button next to the "Can't serve dates / times" field and choose "Every other weekend".
- Select the first weekend on which the volunteer can NOT serve as the starting date for the "can't serve" time.