How can I add subdivisions without deleting positions from the current schedule?
To change your job configuration for future schedules and avoid deleting positions without a subdivision on your current schedule, follow these steps:
- Go to the Jobs pane in VSP and edit the job in question.
- In the upper left side of the Edit Job dialog, in the Subdivisions section, click "New..." and create a new subdivision - leave both the Internal Name and Schedule Label sections blank and this subdivision will appear in gray lettering and say "<main>".
- Add the other subdivisions you would like in this job and qualify each person as desired. Be sure to leave everyone qualified in the <main> subdivision.
- Go to the Recurring Shifts pane in VSP and edit your shifts to specify that instead of choosing volunteers from your <main> subdivision, that you now need X number of volunteers from each of the new subdivisions. Repeat this process for all shifts that require volunteers from this job. After doing so, when you run your next schedule volunteers will be pulled from the new subdivisions.
- When the current schedule expires, go back into the Jobs pane, edit your job, and delete your <main> subdivision. Deleting the "main" subdivision will not negatively impact your schedule, and you will then be left with just the job.
Note: Make sure to delete <main> subdivision after the current schedule is done to avoid deleting assignments relating to it that may still exist on the current schedule.