Schedule a group of volunteers
Now you can easily schedule a group of volunteers from a company or another organization to fill numerous roles at a shift. This makes it easy to fill the positions, even if you don't know the names of the people who will be volunteering! When placing a group in the schedule, you will be able to specify how many people from that group are needed/expected.
- Go to the Volunteers pane on the left hand side of VSP, and click the "New Volunteer..." button.
- Name the group, check the "Is a group" box, add any information you have for the main contact of the group, and qualify the group for the appropriate jobs.
- To add the group to a schedule, go to the Schedules pane of VSP and open your schedule
- Click on a position in a schedule, and double-click the group name to assign the group
- In the new window, specify how many volunteers from that group will fill each job where they are qualified at the shift, and click "OK"
The group contact can also sign up for slots online through the Web Terminal by clicking "Volunteer now" for any available positions at a shift, and will not be limited in the number of open positions they sign up for in the qualified jobs.
Note: Group volunteer scheduling is available in VSP's Standard Edition only.