Schedule a group of volunteers
Now you can easily schedule a group of volunteers from a company or another organization to fill numerous roles at a shift. This makes it easy to fill the positions, even if you don't know the names of the people who will be volunteering! When placing a group in the schedule, you will be able to specify how many people from that group are needed/expected.
Creating a group
- Go to the Volunteers pane on the left hand side of VSP, and click the "New Volunteer..." button.
- Name the group, check the "Is a group" box, add any information you have for the main contact of the group, and qualify the group for the appropriate jobs.
Scheduling a group
- To add the group to a schedule, go to the Schedules pane of VSP and open your schedule
- Click on a position in a schedule, and double-click the group name to assign the group
- In the new window, specify how many volunteers from that group will fill each job where they are qualified at the shift, and click "OK"
Self sign-up as a group
The group contact can also sign up for slots online through the Web Terminal by clicking "Volunteer now" for any available positions at a shift, and will not be limited in the number of open positions they sign up for in the qualified jobs.
Note: Group volunteer scheduling is available in VSP's Standard Edition only.