Limit administrator privileges on certain installations
If you have someone who would like to be able to view information inside VSP, but doesn't want to risk making changes to the database, you can set up their installation to be "Read only." By doing so, they are only allowed to send emails, run reports, and view data.
- Open VSP on the computer on which you wish to make this change.
- Go to the Subscription pane on the left side of the program.
- Find the third line from the bottom, which reads, "This computer can change data." Click on the "Yes" link to the right of that phrase.
- Choose the second radio dial that says "Only allow this computer to view data, send emails, and run reports; not change data."
- Enter your administrator password and click OK to save.