Allow volunteers to be scheduled in two positions at the same shift
If you have two jobs or positions that can be filled by one volunteer at the same shift, you can tell VSP to schedule those two jobs in combination with each other.
- Go to the Jobs pane of the program.
- Click on one of your jobs and then "Edit Job..."
- Within the "Edit Job" window, click "Show more options for this jobs..."
- Now, check the option that says, "This jobs may be scheduled in combination with... " This will open a list of all of your jobs and subdivisions.
- Click on the job that volunteers can also serve in at the same shift along with the job currently being edited - this will change the "When to schedule together" selection from "Never" to either: "Always," "Only when needed," or "Whenever possible." If you want the same volunteer to always be scheduled in the same two jobs at the same shift, be sure to choose "Always." If you want another option, just keep clicking until you select the one that will work best for your scheduling needs! NOTE: The difference between the "Only when needed" and "Whenever possible" options are only important if you are using the auto scheduler.