How to add a job description
Adding a job description when creating your Jobs in VSP will help volunteers easily see the expected duties of the job before they sign up.
You can add a job description to a new job, or edit an existing one. To start:
- Open the Jobs pane in the VSP desktop software.
- Select the job you want to add a description to and click "Edit Job..." or "New Job..."
- After you've named your job, click the text that says "Edit description (shown in online enrollment form...)"
- A text box will pop up, allowing you to input any information you'd like to describe the job and its responsibilities.
- When you're finished, click OK on the text box, and then click OK again in the Job window to save your changes.
To ensure your description is shown on the enrollment forms, we need to turn on 'Show Description' within the Web Terminal/Enrollment forms settings.
- Open the Web Terminal pane from the left-hand navigation.
- Click the "Web Terminal settings..." button.
- In the pop-up, click Enrollment Forms from the left hand navigation.
- Select the Jobs sub-pane.
- Click the check-box next to "Show jobs descriptions:'" You can select jobs from the box below to preview or edit the description for each job.
Need some tips on writing a job description?
- Be clear and concise about the expectations of that position
- Include any requirements a volunteer must meet to serve in that job
- Do not include too many details that the volunteer cannot find in another place later or that pertains to a specific instance of this job (That is better to leave as a Note on the Shift Plan page!)