Using titles to schedule volunteers
"Titles" can be used to divide your volunteers based on attributes such as experience level, age, or gender. Jobs can then be scheduled based on their titles according to rules you set up.
Creating Titles for a Job
1. Go into the Jobs pane in either the desktop software, or in the Admin view of the Web Terminal if you have made yourself a Web Admin.
2. Click on one of your jobs and choose to edit it by clicking "Edit Job..." in the desktop software, or clicking on the pencil icon in the Admin view of the Web Terminal.
3. At the bottom of the window, check the box that says "Use titles to qualify volunteers in this job...". In the window that appears, you can create the titles you want to use to designate volunteers.
4. Once you create titles, all the volunteers will be auto-assigned to one title. You can use the Control key to select and double-click on multiple volunteers at a time and to toggle between the different titles.
Setting Up Title Rules for a Job
1. After assigning all of your volunteers a title, go to the Recurring Shifts pane.
2. Select a shift that you want to set "Title Rules" for, and choose to edit the shift. In the desktop software this is done by clicking the "Edit Shift..." button, and in the Admin view of the Web Terminal this is done by clicking on the pencil icon.
3. Once inside the "Edit Shift" dialog, highlight the job in which you created titles. A blue link will appear at the bottom of the shift window that says "Create title rules for this job...". Click on this link to set up title rules for the specified shift.
4. Using the controls, you can specify how volunteers should be scheduled for the shift according to their titles. For example, if there are 4 Usher positions at a shift and you want at least 2 people to be Experienced, but the rest of the volunteers can be either Experienced or Inexperienced, choose the second option and set it to require 2 Experienced and 2 Any title.
NOTE: Title rules must be set up before the schedule is created to take effect. If you create a schedule and then change the title rules, these settings will take effect on the following schedule.