What options do I have to fix a mistake I made in my database or schedules?
If you accidentally deleted or changed something in your database and you need to get it back, you have a few options:
We can restore your database/schedule back to a specific date and time. (Standard edition only)
You let us know the date and time you want things restored to, and we take care of it.
- If you know when the unwanted change was made, we can go to the minute before that and restore the schedule exactly as it was.
- You can do this on your own and don't have to wait for our programmers: Restore from auto backup (undo a mistake to your database) OR Restore schedules from auto backup
- If you don't know exactly when it was, we have to guess and might go back further than necessary.
- You will have to manually reapply any changes that have come in since the backup by first exporting all web forms and a copy of the current schedule.
- It does take about 24 hours for our programmers to accomplish this.
You can restore from a backup on your machine.
Each time you open and close VSP, a new local backup is created on that machine.
- If you know when the shifts were deleted, you can back up to the last time VSP was opened and closed on your computer.
- You can do this on your own and don't have to wait for our programmers.
- You will have to manually reapply any changes that have come in since the backup by first exporting all Web Forms and a copy of the current schedule.
- We can't be as specific with the date and time we back up to as we could be with the first option.
You can manually restore the lost schedules if you have a paper copy.
If you printed out a copy of the schedule before the shifts were deleted, you can go back in and manually re-enter them with the assigned volunteers.
- You can do this on your own
- You will not have to manually enter any data changed in other shifts.
- You can look at the Web Forms you have to see if anyone at those shifts had requested a sub or swapped positions.
- Not possible if you don't have a paper copy.
- Depending on how many shifts and volunteers were affected, and how long your schedule is, this may take longer than one of the other two options.