Restore from auto backup (undo a mistake to your database)
In the event that you accidentally delete a job or subdivision (which also results in those positions being removed from your current schedules), you will want to first revert the database to a backup copy, then revert the Live schedules to backup copies. It's important we do this in order.
First, let's create backups to be safe:
- You may then wish go to the File menu and choose "Backup Database..." and create a local backup of the current database, just in case.
- You may also want to go to the Web Forms pane and click on "Show all processed forms" then the "Export..." button at the bottom, to export that full list of changes in the event you need to re-do any of these (this depends on how far back in time you restore your backup files from).
Now we are ready to restore:
- Go to the File menu and select "Restore From Auto-Backup..."
- A message will appear that says "VSP automatically makes backup copies of your database every time you close the program. Would you like to load the most recent one of these backup copies now?" Choose "Older Copy"
- Enter in the date and time you first noticed the unwanted changes in your database. (If you don't have a time, just enter the date.)
- VSP will automatically swap in that older database and will let you know the date and time it found the backup for.
Go ahead and look through the Volunteers, Jobs, and Recurring Shifts panes to make sure that you reverted back far enough.
Now we need to restore your schedules to match this version of the database:
- Go to the File menu and select "Restore Schedules From Auto-Backup...". NOTE: This will only restore Live schedules.
- Follow the prompts to back up to and "Older Copy" and enter in the same date and time as when we backed up the database above. Click OK through all of the pop-up boxes.
Now that you are backed up, you can compare the Web Forms and changes in schedule to fix any data that may need to be updated.
If you have any questions about this process or are unsure if you should proceed, please send your data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support...) or call us BEFORE you begin.