Using the Hours Scheduled Report to ensure a fair distribution of shifts
After creating a schedule you can double check that all volunteers get a fair chance to participate by using the Hours Scheduled Report. The report is sortable, allowing you to see at a glance which volunteers were assigned the most positions. You can even adjust the distribution directly from this report, easily assigning more shifts to volunteers with too few or taking away shifts from volunteers with too many.
1. From an open schedule, go to the Reports menu
2. Select "View Hours Scheduled..."
3. Click on the heading of a job or the word "Total" to arrange the list showing totals in descending order
4. To give a volunteer an additional position from the hours scheduled report, right-click (or double-click) on the volunteer's name or the number of times scheduled in a particular job and select "Add an additional assignment...". This will take you to the schedule in "Place Volunteer" mode so you can find a position on the schedule you want to give to that volunteer.
5. To remove a volunteer from a position using the distribution report, right-click (or double-click while holding the Ctrl key) on their name or the number of times scheduled in a particular job and select "Remove an assignment...". This will take you to the schedule in the "Fill positions" mode, so you can select another volunteer to take their place.