Save VSP emails for future use
You can save emails sent using VSP for future use. For example, you can save a template email that prompts volunteers to submit their unavailable dates before the next schedule. Saving email templates will save time and help you more efficiently communicate with your volunteers.
From an email that has already been started:
- In the Announcements pane, compose an email. Remember that all tokens used will be saved also.
- Click on the down arrow next to the "Save as draft" button in the bottom left corner of the Announcements pane and select "Save as template".
- Choose a name for the template and click on "OK".
- To use a template in the future, go to the Announcements pane, click the "+" button in the upper right-hand corner, hover your cursor over "Templates >" in the drop-down menu and select "Saved." Select the appropriate template and click "Use". The email will then open in the Announcements pane.
From the Announcements pane:
- In the Announcements pane, click the "+" button in the upper right, hover your cursor over "Templates >" in the drop-down menu, then select "Saved".
- Now, click the "+" in the upper right of the pop-up dialog and choose "Create new."
- Compose your template. Remember that all tokens, Polls, RSVPs, attachments, images, recipients and subject used will be saved also.
- Click "Save Template."
- Name the template.
- It will now appear in the Saved templates. Click "Use" if you want to use the template right away.