Make it easy for volunteers to access important notes online
Keep important notes at your volunteers' fingertips. If you have reminders, requests or just a quick thought to share with volunteers at a particular shift, do it in VSP! Volunteers will be able to easily access the important information when they view their schedules online.
- Go to the Schedules pane in VSP and open your live schedule.
- Select the shift in the schedule, go to the Schedule menu at the top of the screen and select “Edit Resources…”. A web page will open to that shift’s plan.
- On the shift plan, click the "Add another resource" or "Add another note..." button
- Type your note to volunteers in the space provided. Text editing tools appear above the box that can be used to further customize your text, including the ability to add a hyperlink.
- Choose if you want to this note displayed to:
- this shift only
- this shift as well as all its related shifts this week (Note: Related shifts are ones that have the same name. This also applies to shifts that are not named.)
- this shift and all other shifts with [Recurring Shift pane settings] shifts
- every single shift
- Choose if you want to also limit to “Only show this note to [job]”
- Click OK
Now when volunteers click on the blue link for this shift, they will be able to see your notes. (Note: Email notifications are not sent out to volunteers when notes are added to a shift. Volunteers will need to view the shift in order to view related notes.)
NOTE: Web Admins and Leaders can also add notes and resources for volunteers! Check out this video tutorial, which demonstrates how Leaders use the Web Terminal.