How can I edit a Leader's privileges?
Leader privileges are edited from within the Administrators section of the Web Terminal settings window.
1. Go to the Web Terminal pane in VSP and click on the "Web Terminal settings..." button visible from the Home tab.
2. Click on the Administrators section on the left-hand side of the Web Terminal settings window.
3. If you have not already done so, declare your Leaders.
4. To edit privileges for a specific Leader, click in the Privileges line and check or uncheck privileges from the drop-down list that appears:
What each privilege means:
- Request subs- This setting allows Leaders to submit sub requests on behalf of the volunteers in their jobs from within the Schedules pane of the Admin view online.
- Edit assignments - This setting allows Leaders to add and remove volunteers from positions shown in the Schedules pane, as well as flag volunteers as no shows or extras for a position.
- Edit shift plans - This setting allows Leaders to add notes and resources to their shift times for volunteers to see.
- Submit profile changes -This setting allows Leaders to edit volunteer profiles the way administrators do in the desktop VSP software. Leaders will only be able to add/remove jobs and shifts which they are Leader over according to the settings box above. All changes come in and are submitted as web forms. Only Leaders with this ability will have access to the Volunteers pane in the Admin view online.
- Send emails -This setting allows Leaders to send emails to volunteers in their jobs from the Announcements pane of the Admin view.
- Send text messages -This setting allows Leaders to send text messages to volunteers in their jobs from the Announcements pane.