What is the difference between a Leader, a Web Admin, and an Installation Admin in VSP?
The biggest difference between Leaders, Web Admins, and Installation Admins in VSP is their level of access.
- Web Admins and Leaders will not have a downloaded copy of VSP on their computer. Instead, their access to VSP happens entirely through the Admin view of the Web Terminal.
- Installation and Web Admins are able to make changes on the schedule for all jobs and all shifts, including requesting subs. They are also able to add new shifts and delete existing shifts, as well as change the description and location of a shift.
- Leaders are only able to make changes on the schedule for jobs and shifts over which they are Leaders, including requesting subs.
- Installation and Web Admins are able to email volunteers in all jobs and at all shifts.
- Leaders are only able to email volunteers who are in the jobs/shifts over which they are Leaders.
- Web Admins and Leaders can be CCed on related processed Web Forms to keep them informed of changes in the jobs and shifts.
- Installation and Web Admins are able to edit the profiles of all volunteers. They can also create new volunteers, delete existing volunteers, and import volunteers/volunteer information, including custom fields.
- Leaders are only able to edit the profiles of volunteers who are in the jobs/shifts over which they are Leaders.
- Web Admins and Leaders are not able to create new schedules, rosters, Live Schedule Posts, teams, or preassignments.
If you have questions over whether someone should be a Leader, a Web Admin, or an Installation Admin, you can send an email to email@example.com with a list of the items this leader needs to do and we can hep you decide!